about

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

20 weeks

How far along? 20 weeks! i'm so happy. i guess they're like a banana now. or belgium endive.

Babies are: beautiful :) i had my level 2 scan yesterday (19w6d). both babies look excellent. baby boy (A) is now head down. i was super excited about that even tho i know they move all the time and he will probably be breech next appt! baby girl (B) is still transverse. she's pretty high up, too. they both weigh 13 oz and were measuring 20w2d.

Movement: yes! for the last few weeks i have felt the butterfly feelings but finally this week i have felt kicks and/or punches! still pretty light but i feel them pretty often. well, i have mostly felt baby boy...but since yesterday i have noticed baby girls kicks. this is my favorite and i sometimes cry from gratefulness that i am experiencing this one more time.

Total weight gain: 12 lbs. i'm at 150 now. i gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks.

Maternity clothes: i need to go shopping! first up, a belly band so i don't have to buy maternity jeans that i will never wear again. and more maxi skirts because i love them and will wear them forever. and i may buy a couple maternity tops....i'm gonna do some hardcore garage sale-ing.

a favorite moment this week: seeing our babies and hearing scarlett whisper in my ear "my baby sisterisso cute." and of course feeling their little kicks for the first time :)

a hard moment this week: *sigh* i feel that my cup has been pretty empty and i have nothing to give. i have been struggling with being needed. i have been feeling so needy recently that i have found myself feeling a bit resentful of being needed. but that's my issue that i need to deal with so i can better take care of my baby girl. i consistently struggle with taking care of myself and filling myself up so i can fill my family up. this week things have also been off with alex and i. no doubt it's all entangled. so the last couple weeks have been hard as far as all this goes. but in general things are good...and will get better as i prioritize myself more. i just need to figure out how to do that.

Sleep: oh sleep. a couple weeks ago my mom bought me a SNOOGLE (a pregnancy body pillow for those not familiar). it's seriously awesome. i'm so grateful she called me up to ask if i wanted to go shopping for bedding because she knew i was not sleeping well (she also bought us new sheets and a comforter! THANK YOU MOM!!!!). it really has made such a difference. i still get up to pee 2-3 times a night. or more like 5 or 6 if you count the multiple times i get up before actually falling asleep for the night. but i'm able to fall asleep again fairly quickly most of the time.

Symptoms: indigestion is a new one. still fatigued. i have a lot of pain by my upper ribs. baby girl is way up there and everything is majorly stretching and it hurts. i have to sit with a giant pillow behind my lower back most of the time cause if i'm hunched at all it hurts even more. it's just so funny how much sooner all this is happening this time around. i feel like i did later on in my third trimester with Scarlett. it's so different. at this point i felt so great....i don't think i even felt pregnant! now i have aches and pains and just wanna sleep all the time! but i honestly still love it. tho i'm happy to not do it again, i think :)

Cravings: still loving coffee....tho i only drink it occasionally. but otherwise no.

Miss anything? the warmer weather makes me want to drink white wine. i miss wine!

Looking forward to: finding some dressers so i can start collecting and getting baby clothes out and put away! i''m just so excited for all the baby prep.








scarlett was really into this picture, can you tell?

i love this because it was totally spontaneous. i was taking a pic of myself and she jumped in
with kisses right before the timer went off.


baby boy on the left with his arm over his head and baby girl's sweet profile on the right.
they're the coolest.

you guys. i already can't see my feet. 







and just for fun. an awkward pic of me at 20 weeks with Scar!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh LOVE this post so much!!! Pic of Scar kissing you and the babies *best thing ever!!*

    ReplyDelete